Monday, August 30, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

Don't really have anything to say...feeling blah I guess.  Been working around the house since 5:30 this morning, so I figured it was time to "play" a little.  Still getting used to the SAHM thing.  Thankful to still get to "work" one day a week.  Twin 1 is still heartbroken...something triggered a crying spell and FB post about it this weekend.  I remember how miserable I was upon breakups at that age, so my heart hurts for her.  No spend-the-night events this weekend...spent the day with DH and girls Saturday.  Found Twin 1 an almost new desk for $40 at the thrift store...which of course caused tension with Twin 2.  But it HAD to be Twin 1's because it had pink drawer knobs :)  Hopefully, an equally good bargain will show itself soon for her.  Saw the Nick Saban movie...don't waste your money.  All us females felt like we had paid good money to watch ESPN for almost 2 hours, and us females know of other ways to spend our money!  Took two friends with us to church...this time they were not laughing at appropriate times, so they will NOT be sitting in the balcony anymore :(  Elizabeth's BF wants to be baptized, or at least that's what she said.  Hard to know how to handle that, except with alot of prayer.  Suggested she talk to her Mom about it, and she said, "she'll say just do it".  I don't take baptism lightly at all, and I don't want her to do it without understanding.  It's not like membership into a club or something you just do because somebody else has done it.  I suggested to all the girls that they go to church on Wednesday nights, because it's a youth service, which is much more relaxed and fun, and I know they will learn alot listening to Rob preach.  I'll pray to see opportunities to bring the subject back up from time to time.  That would be so awesome to have one of these girls become a Christian out of all our little outings.  I have to remember that it is not my job to "save" her, just to plant seeds that God can grow.  Still, knowing how important her soul is weighs on me...maybe that's why I'm so "blah" today.

3 comments:

  1. Your head knows you're not responsible for their friends' souls, other than as you say to plant the seed, BUT your heart is much too tender to be happy with that burden. No wonder you're feeling down. Reminds me of Elijah running away from Jezebel after God had destroyed her 300 priests of Baal. He should have been rejoicing, but instead he was depressed.

    And you're right to be concerned that it's just a "me too" thing with their friend, but it's not for you to know what's in her heart. Wednesday nights sounds like an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now they're the talk of facebook (their disruptions Sunday). Look at my wall and follow where I commented on Jenni Jones' wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them read all the comments and now they're boo-hooing in their rooms.

    ReplyDelete