Thursday, September 9, 2010

Drama

I've been sitting here, catching up on Facebook and thinking about the drama, especially amongst my teenagers and their friends.  I may need a neck brace from watching the relationship status changes alone.  So-and-so is single...so-and-so is in a relationship...so-and-so is single again...so-and-so is in a relationship again.  I have watched this literally change this many times in a matter of 24 hours.  My girls don't tend to do this, but the drama of their moods is just as...well...dramatic.  Their highs and lows are SO far from each other...and agonizing boredom is found in between.  GREAT...now God is telling me that I'm the same way!  Maybe it's hereditary.  My Mama has been known to be "one-tracked" and I am following in that trend.  When I'm into something, I give it everything I have, but I seem to reach a saturation point and then want to go in a different direction.  Maybe it's God closing one door and opening another, or maybe I'm not so different from my teenagers...all over the place.   God may need a neck brace watching me!!!  I wonder...how are some people satisfied with being stagnant?  I don't understand that.  I'm not changing the world, but I DO have a need to always feel like I'm growing and moving in a better direction.  And I get bored if I lack a sense of purpose.  Hmmm...I think I'll think about this some more...

1 comment:

  1. Yep, onetrack alright. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete